Actifio has released a new universal App into the Apple App store that can be used to manage Actifio Copy Data Storage. Check out the details here.
The Actifio Mobile App works on both iPhone and iPad and frankly looks marvelous on both.
The Actifio Mobile App is designed purely for monitoring, just as it should be. We are not proposing you start configuring your Copy Data Storage with the app, this is all about understanding things like:
- What jobs have succeeded and if jobs have failed, why they have failed.
- What applications are protected and how they are protected
Some of the design characteristics of the Actifio Mobile App include:
- It is an edge-to-edge universal application, meaning it loads on both iPhone and iPad and looks great on both.
- It uses infinitely-scalable swiping navigation for quick access to any service or screen without having to click a “back” button. This makes accessing any part of your data radically simple and intuitive. This is very much like what you will see in iOS7.
- All the monitoring panels you get with the Actifio Desktop can be accessed with the App including the equivalent of the Actifio Dashboard, Application Manager and System Monitor.
- Extremely efficient data transfer methods that make loading, extremely fast with no lag.
- Search and collapsable sections have been integrated into all views where applicable. So you can easily find whatever you’re looking for and ignore what you don’t want.
Some tips when using the Actifio Mobile App:
- If you think you’re stuck in a window, swipe the window left-to-right!
- In Jobs Monitor you can filter the selection (very neat) using the cog in the top right corner
And for those Android users thinking… what about me? We hear you. An Android app is in the works and will of course be… Radically Simple!