I have been blogging since May 2010 when I started a blog page on the IBM developerWorks site. I was inspired to start blogging by a visit to Tony Pearson, who was definately an inspiration and someone who was very happy to share his knowledge and experience (thanks Tony!) .
Since then I have experienced many of the highs and lows of blogging:
- Not enough time.
- Fear of making mistakes.
- Joy at getting positive feedback and comments.
- Concern when blog posts garnered very few views and no comments.
- Not enough time…. oh hang… I already said that.
As part of a new start in 2011, I have decided to move my blog over to WordPress and start a new chapter in my blogging.
My reasons for moving?
- The WordPress interface appears to be more user friendly and feature rich.
- The WordPress interface appears to be better suited to interaction with my readers.
- I want to create a greater sense of separation of my blog from IBM. This is not to say I don’t dearly love working for my employer ( 22 years and counting), but I can see some benefits in blogging under my own banner.
The good news is that I plan to leave the DW blog in place for now, so if you are following me there, I will post links back to here everytime I create a new post. I will also be posting to twitter immediately.